Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Wild Walk to the Zoo and Checking out the Library


Who knew how quickly the woods outside of our apartment turned wild!



I figured we could walk to the zoo from our apartment, so Hux and I set out to try this past Thursday. We found a great paved bike trail that we took around Forest Park--and stumbled upon a few dinosaurs on the way there...

...Hux especially liked the stegosaurus and picked up some rocks to feed it...

...even though I tried to tell him that this wasn't allowed...

After our feeding, Hux hopped back in the stroller, and we finally came upon the zoo, 20 minutes later. Thanks to his Monday visit to the zoo and the smoothie Jackie got him right outside the penguin exhibit, he requested a "Penguin smoothie."

While we were at the zoo, we saw elephants and fish and zebras on the way out. The walk back was much shorter (about 30 minutes rather than 45). Along the way back, we passed the "Jewel Box" -I'll post pictures once we explore that little conservatory-- and then I gave directions to someone on how to get to the zoo (it's like I'm already a native) and I had an awesome conversation with college friend Laura Reinert (Insane Gown Posse baby!).

Friday, Hux and I walked to the library -only an 8 minute walk from the apartment. It's awesome-new, with a big kids area to play in. Hux played with a boy for about an hour on a magnetic table, a big dollhouse and foam blocks. I actually got to look at books and read!

An awesome first week in St. Louis.

No comments:

Post a Comment